DIY Fashion: Kawaii Pusheen Cat/Neko T-Shirt Tutorial

Hello there my little fluffy friends! Guess what? We are making a Pusheen Cat/Neko T-Shirt today. Yep..'meow'. Excuse my over enthusiastic 'woopteedoos' but I really love kitties, like literally. It has been quite a while since I last posted a DIY fashion tutorial and I think this is the perfect fashion tutorial to get back on track! I made a pair of Hello Kitty printed stockings yesterday, didn't like the outcome, and scrapped the entire project. I would probably attempt it again so that I can show you guys how I made my pair of printed stockings during my Alice in Wonderland lookbook video, however, you will have to deal with kitty overload here for the time being.
This tutorial was done on a random inspiration I got at six in the morning. Truth I say. For some odd reason, ideas magically appear when I least think about it and I am glad this kawaii Neko decided to pop up, even though I could have used that extra one hour of  sleepy time.

This is a super simple fashion project and a great way to spruce up an old shirt. Perfect for a day out. In my case, lunch. I  made the kitty cut out using felt and to be honest, I think this is the best medium when it comes to appliques for clothes. I do recommend getting higher quality felt because it is sturdy and last for ages. I also recommend hand washing any kind of clothing with felt embellishments so that it doesn't need to withstand any kind of heavy duty washing. If you must wash your embellished outfits in the machine, take note, to always wash them in cold water and try not to hit that spin button.
Now about lunch, I decided to bring Neko-chan a friend and you guessed it! My favorite Rilakkuma bag. I am obsessed with this bag of late( All hail B4Astudios for sending this over to me). I even earned myself some brownie points and awkward glances as I waltzed into a fine dining restaurant carrying this baby along with one of my quirkier outfits. In my defense, fashion is all about expression. HAH!
To finish my outfit of the day, I paired my kawaii Neko T-shirt with black leggings and the most awesome, comfy pair of Sketchers. Sometimes, I appreciate comfort over beauty and today was one of those days. I hope you liked this little DIY fashion project and my mini outfit of the day lookbook. Watch the entire tutorial and let me know if you are as obsessed with cute little embellished T-shirts like I am and what do you think of a twenty something carrying a bear for a bag.

Till then,
May the power of  'Meow'be with you always. Toodles!
Kawaii Neko T-Shirt Template

Follow on Bloglovin
Be Part Of The Fluff!

9 comments:

  1. cute~!!!! so tempted to do this <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do!! Hugs!Send me a picture if you ever make this. I love seeing different renditions :D

      Delete
  2. It's heart melting! A way too sweet and cute! Thank you for the inspiration! Have a lovely week and a lot of ideas coming :)

    Nataya

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's soooo cute!! what type of fabric would be good to use instead of felt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any kind of fabric is good. You can also try a velvety kind of fabric :D It is quite sturdy and doesn't move as much when you sew. I would use linen too..:D hope this helped ^_^

      Delete
  4. kawaiiiiiii!!! <333

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I love your blog! I tried this tutorial and posted it blog, it was fun! http://millieonherworld.wordpress.com/2013/08/21/the-cats-meow-diy-kitty-face-top/

    ReplyDelete